Friday, July 18, 2014

I'm Finally Back....and with a Freebie


I feel like I'm blogging for the first time!!  Last July I started to redesign my blog (which I'm still working on), posted once during the 2013-14 school year, and then took a very long break from blogging!  Why?  Well, I needed a wake up call I guess.  I was getting too wrapped up in social media and teaching to the point of exhaustion!  I was running from the fact I have Multiple Sclerosis and was in full denial of it.  I was still thinking I could do anything on 5-6 hours of sleep.  And it caught up with me physically and I have spent this past year getting more educated about my disease and spending more time with my family.  I don't regret it one bit!  On that note, I have some catching up to do!

Speaking of catching up....is it really that time again??  Back to School already??  We start back up in about 2 weeks and this is my classroom!  I went in yesterday, looked around, moved my desk, and left.  I really went all out didn't I....hee hee! Oh well, maybe tomorrow...


Okay, here is something else I wanted to blog about today....I'm still an author at Blog Hoppin and we are getting it up in full swing with new designs, new authors, and a scavenger hunt.  Some of you might have already started, but if not, you need to head over to find out how to have fun taking pictures and winning some really cool prizes!!  Start by clicking the picture link below.


More randomness..... Last year I spent most of the school year trying to get students motivated to do well in their academics.  While student of the month and student of the week are great motivators, it doesn't always target the students you really need to do well, especially the ones whose behavior will never grant them access to being a star student.  So I created a little incentive to ALL the students and tailored it to THEIR own weekly goals...student Super Star Certificates.


Whether that means a reading goal or behavior goal, I wanted the goals to be reachable to encourage them to keep trying even if they think they could never be a student of the week or month.
Every student gets one each week based on a goal they set for that week.  I gave one out to a student who was always getting in trouble and could NEVER stay in his seat for longer than a few minutes.  He was so excited when he started to get one of these each week!  He ended up being such a great student by the end of the year!

Thanks for taking the time to read my poor neglected blog!  By the way, these certificates are free at my TpT store.  Click the picture link below to download.


I hope you all have a wonderful school year!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea and I'm glad you took the time for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete