Thursday, May 23, 2013

And That's A Wrap!! {Freebies}

I am so excited that our summer vacation has officially begun!  And what a fun week this was!!  Here is a quick peek of things we did during our last days of school.

Reader's Theater: Three Billy Goats Gruff
I love saving this play for the last week of school.  The students are such great readers by this time and they have lots of fun with these kinds of activities!


Click the link below to see all the masks available for Readers Theater.



Wacky Science
We had a half day of fun science experiments with the students using Jamie Woodward's Wacky Science Unit!  We blew up balloons, made slime, pierced bags with pencils full of water, and much more!


 Inflate -A-Balloon

Wacky Slime


Piercing Pencils

Click the link below for more on this science unit.

End of Year Posters
My students wanted something to remember their first grade year besides a memory book so I made these for the students to take home and frame if they wanted to.  The pictures were of students holding a frame with a tag that said "Last Day of School".  I took a picture of the class and attached it below.


Click the link below to download the K-5 versions.  There are also versions for 2013-2014 school year.

Student/teacher gifts
I LOVE Pinterest!  Here are a few student gift ideas I found.
Click the pictures to use for your class!

I will miss you Beary much!
These are cute tags from "What's the Buzz in First" 


"Owl Miss You!  Hope you have a great summer!"
These were so cute and fun to do!

I'm saving the best for last!
My baby girl graduated from Kindergarten this week! {Sniff}  We will also be celebrating her 6th birthday!  Both these events fell on the same day!  I was knee deep in end of year activities and clean up, birthday planning, and graduation celebrations!  I am one tired Mama!!

AND THAT"S A WRAP!  


My room is now ready for summer cleaning and I'm going home!!
Have a wonderful end to your school year and a great summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy,
    I feel your pain...I just posted a picture of my son's first day of kinder and he will be promoting from 5th grade this week and leaving my school..major sniff. I get it. Enjoy your summer.
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! Your son is super cute! We'll probably have to follow our girl to middle school:P

      Mrs Johnsons First Grade

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your wacky science! The pics look so fun!

    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete