Thursday, March 14, 2013

Catching up on St. Patrick's Fun with Lots of Freebies!

I feel so bad for neglecting my poor blog for so long!  I unfortunately have had a lot of health issues this last month and have had so much to catch up on!  I wanted to share what we have been doing this week for St. Patrick's Day.  I guess it's better late than never.  And because I waited until today to share all this, I am giving away some of these activities and am also having a 20% off sale at my TpT store until Saturday, March 16th.

Okay, here goes.....  OUR TRAPS ARE SET!!  The kiddos did such a great job this year with these!  I have a group of ELL students and so they need lots of visual support so I showed them a few videos from You Tube.  Here is one of them.

Here's how they all turned out!






OMG!!  I just noticed this one..ha ha!  One of the kiddos is trying to kill the poor Leprechaun!!  Guess we'll just skip this one.. HA!

Here is what they will find in the morning!  The little notes will have a dull dirty penny for our experiment later in the afternoon!   






A fabulous friend of mine put together this Luring Leprechauns science experiment.  You turn dull pennies into shiny ones.  So Fun!!  CLICK HERE to grab it for your students




The students also had fun with Writing!  After they made their traps, they wrote about how they were going to catch their Leprechaun.

We also read "There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover".  They made their own stories with it and they turned out great!






You can grab these writing activities and a few extras by CLICKING HERE.  Enjoy!

As they have been learning 2 digit addition and subtraction, and time, I also added these Math Center Games.

How many more is a game they use as they learn missing numbers.  If they need 12 and they only have 6, how many more do they need to get to 12?

This is a fun game as they are learning time.  They pick a time, then draw the hands on the Leprechaun

 The students are learning Place Value with 10 more and Less.  This is a bingo game where they uncover a number and then find the number that is 10 more or less on their Bingo Card.

Here is a Bingo Freebie with 2 digit addition and subtraction.  CLICK HERE to download.the 1 digit version.


All the other games are available on my Lucky Clover Math Centers.  Click the picture link below.


I added a new set of Easter/Spring graphics that are on sale as well!

 
 
I hope you all have had a wonderful week with your students!  Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love the creativity of the leprechaun traps! The one with all the tacks is too funny! I didn't know you made clip art! Your Easter sets are adorable!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you take us back to making leprechaun traps with our own kiddos (now 5th graders) :( There are always so clever and bet your kiddos are giddy with excitement. So fun! Thanks for sharing Stacy!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete