Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Leaves and Max and Ruby freebie

I have to say this is my favorite time of year, but unfortunately we don't get the pretty fall colors that some of you may get.  This is what it looks like at our school in October....


I still continue to bring the seasons to my students with pictures and activities.  I am teaching my unit "Why Do Leaves Change?" and the students are enjoying collecting some of the leaves around the campus, plus they get to read about the ones in other areas .  I have recently upgraded this unit so if you have already purchased it, you can go back and download it again for the new activities.


I love this book because it makes photosynthesis easy for my students to understand.  They filled out their observation booklet and made a tree glyph to go with it.






We are also using Max and Ruby because it was our story from the Reading Street this week.  We learned about how to make predictions, and identifying characters, setting, and main idea of a story.  Here is an activity we did with this Max and Ruby book. 
CLICK HERE to download the Max and Ruby unit.




I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Great activities!! I have these two books & love how you are using them! Thanks for sharing!
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete