Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Fun and a Sale!

Greetings from the hottest place on earth!  I envy some of you who live in places other than southern Arizona.  Holy guacamole am I tired of the heat!  Come on leaves, start fallin will ya! 
Okay, I couldn't stand waiting any longer to break out the pumpkin activities!!   Cooler weather is bound to be here soon so we'll do our apple activities then!  My students are loving the fun pumpkin activities I have started doing this past week.  I am getting them ready for our 2nd annual Family Pumpkin Project also.  They will be decorating pumpkins to go with their favorite book character.  I can't wait to see what my new first graders will come up with!  Here are a few samples from last year in case you were thinking of doing this with your class.


I have updated my Fun With Pumpkins Unit and added a few new math and writing activities.  We are keeping the students informed about bullying.  This unit has many activities centered around the book "Spookley the Square Pumpkin" so I added a few Anti-Bullying activities.
We also started learning character, setting, and main ideas of stories.  The students are making their pumpkin glyphs based on the Spookley story.


The students have been learning their doubles facts and this is a game they have in their centers.
The students have also been learning about sequencing.  They learned how to follow a recipe for Pumpkin Pie in a cup and filled out a retell worksheet as they enjoyed eating their pie.

 All these activities can be found in my Fun With Pumpkins Unit.  If you have already purchased this, you can go back and download again for the new updates.  As a thank you to all my wonderful supporters, it is 20% off along with everything else in my TpT store this Saturday, September 29th through Monday, October 1st.  Just click the link below.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    The beginning of your blog made me laugh! Last night at a restaurant (in the bathroom of course), I overheard a little girl complaining how cold it was in California and her mother agreeing. Granted, I was wearing a sweatshirt, but I thought the temperature was delightful. I asked where they were from: Arizona! So please know that while you are burning up, some of your neighbors are shivering in California. Thought that would give you a smile!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny! That would totally be me saying that I was cold (hee hee)

      Delete
  2. The Pumpkin Project is adorable! I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs tomorrow. :)

    Donna
    Math Coach’s Corner

    ReplyDelete