Monday, July 30, 2012

Desert Critter Clip Art Freebie

Happy Monday everyone!  8 more days until the big "First Day of School" frenzy for me and my daughter!  She'll be starting Kindergarten this year!  Where has the time gone?
As I begin to plan ahead for the upcoming school year, I try to think of how I can implement science a little more each year.  Last year, we ended our year with some really fun "Wacky Science". This year we will plan on having our 1st annual science fair for our first graders in early May.  Yes, I try to think ahead as much as possible...HA!  This year I am planning to introduce characteristics of our Arizona desert critters with our Common Core Standards this year. 
Yes, desert life has it's advantages from deer hopping our fence to eat from our Peach tree....
 to those curious Javelina snooping through our garage looking for the trash cans....
And there are disadvantages like the poisonous critters from Rattlesnakes and Colorado River Toads.......

to my all time least favorite, the SCORPION!  This was a rare photo I took where both lizard and scorpion are dead.  Both unlucky I'd say!
All these critters inspired me to create a few of them as clip art and you can download them  free on my TpT store.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Where in Arizona do you live to have all these run-ins with desert wildlife at home? I live in Phoenix, and I have never heard of a deer jumping over someone's fence, but then again I don't have friends with peach trees in their yard either.

    Glad to find another Arizona blogger - so I'm your newest follower,
    :) Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Rio Rico, 10 miles from the border. I never had visitors like this when I lived in Tucson:D. It's entertaining until we find scorpions in the house..haha

      Delete
  2. Awesome clipart...Thank you! I have deer in my yard that eat all my flowers, but the babies are sure cute! I'm your newest follower!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a real javelina. I have a cute book at school that is called the three little javelinas. Similar to the three little pigs. Love the clip art!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to find another AZ blogger! I live in the Phoenix area and we don't have much run in with the creatures here. But we did when I lived up North :) Gotta love the desert!

    Dray

    Second Grade is Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the clipart :) Thanks for sharing :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! The clipart will be great to use when I plan the desert part of our habitat unit.

    ReplyDelete