Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Fun!

My students had the best day yesterday performing for their moms!  We found a Mother's Day song that is sung to the tune of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy".  The lyrics came from Regina Bell, a music teacher in Oklahoma.  I was laughing so hard they had me in tears!  Here is a short clip...

They students also made gifts thanks to Home Depot!.  They donated 4x4 tiles so the students could decorate one for their moms.  They are great about donating to schools, so remember that when you are needing these kinds of items.  Here's how their tiles turned out.





For all who are Mothers, Grandmothers, or mothers to be, Happy Mother's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to have the words to this song! Is there a way I can find them online or can you send them to me? I am always looking for more songs to use during my programs! Some of the songs I am about tired of doing! LOL, thanks for sharing!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... I'm finding these tiles all over blogland today. We do the same thing except I add a clothespin as a stand and note holder. LOVE the video!
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do the tiles too! :) What do you use to paint on your tiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use Sharpies then coat them with Hodge Podge or clear paint(Kiltz)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. I may try that next year. I did something similar with acrylic paint and sealer. However, I like that you had more colors available :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I gave your blog the One Lovely Blog Award! Come check it out at:
    Tori’s Teacher Tips
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your video cracks me up. Kid performances are the BEST! The tiles are a great idea too . . . "pinning" ya so I remember this project for next year. Glad I found you :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete