Sunday, May 27, 2012

Great Books For Your Summer Reading!

Who doesn't love a good book pool side?  For me, this is heaven!  Not all the books I read are about teaching, but the teaching related ones that I'd like to read during the school year end up on the shelf for most of it because there is no time!
For those of you looking for a great Go-To book to help with your plans for next year, here are a few of my favorites.  They are easy to read and great during our free time!  In fact, I am reading some of them again as a refresher of all the great ideas I didn't get to use this year.  The books below are quick links to Amazon so you can just click and buy!
 
This book by Debbie Diller is a great starting point for getting your math stations started and organized! It is written in an informative way with lots of pictures to support what she talks about. 
  Here is another book by Debbie Diller to help you organize and make the best use of your Literacy Centers. Again, it is written in a way that is easy to understand with lots of picture support.
This last book of Debbie's is great for those of you who may have never taught Guided Reading groups or need more ideas of how to make the most of the ones you have set up in your classroom.


These last two books are by Kathy Collins and Debbie Miller (no relation to Debbie Diller I think). I have used these for the last 7 years and I am always going back to each one to find new ideas everytime!
























2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am always looking for good teacher resource books. Debbie Diller is great! I have her Literacy Work Stations book, but I do want to read Making the Most Out of Small Groups. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Debbie Miller. We did a book study on her this year for PD. I had "Reading With Meaning" read before our next session a month later. I bought her other book but like you, it got put on the bookshelf until this summer. Thanks for reminding me to put it on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete