Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Resolutions - Linky Party

Yes I am still alive!  Sorry It's been a while since I posted but I had to take a real vacation week for a little family time!  I am enjoying my time with friends and family and am excited to still have one more week left!  We did not start our break until the 23rd.
Okay...New Year fast approaching... and I am feeling a little midlife crisis coming on.  My birthday is a week away and I am having trouble coping with the fact I am inching my way towards the big 4-0!  Being only a few years away, I am beginning to realize how life can fly by!  Take this year for instance.  I think this has been the fastest year of all!  Maybe that is why I am taking advantage of the time I do have to spend with my family!  It helps having a four year old to cope with not getting any younger!.  I can still chat with the younger generation moms group!

Now for the Resolutions!  I have never been a fan of these things because I end up throwing in the towel by day 4..haha!  Forget weight loss and getting rid of stretch marks!  I am seeking resolutions that can last longer and be real reachable goals for me!

Personal:
  • Take a real vacation this summer with my family without having to teach summer school.
  • Learn Photoshop to fulfill my enjoyment of drawing and make it look more professional.
  • More random acts of kindness (I started by giving a homeless person $2 in the grocery check out line so he didn't have to put back his deli sandwich)
Professional
  • Stop bringing work home with me!
  • More understanding that things are not always going to go the way I would like them to.
  • Organizing my classroom files so I can actually find things! (I always go buy things I already have!)
  • Learn to leave things be until the next day.  They will always get done!

Okay, it's your turn now!!  Click the picture link below to join The Teacher's Treasure Linky Party and  share your resolutions with us!!  Happy New Year!!!!

8 comments:

  1. AMEN to a vacation and no summer school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made my New Year Resolutions yet. But if I did, I could probably just cut and paste all four of your professional goals ~ they are definitely what I need! lol

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you said you are hitting the big 4-0. I have 3 years till 5-0 and let me tell you, life is flying by at warp speed. I have an 11 and 12 year old and I don't know how that happened.
    Hope your resolutions, esp. RAoK, come true. The world is a great place:)
    Cecelia

    http://ilove1stgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    I just read your posting and flipped out. We already know that we both are Mrs. Johnson and we both teach first grade (well, my class is a K/1 this year) ... but ... drumroll please ... we almost share the same birthday ... my birthday is January 6, when is yours? (Disclaimer: We were NOT born the same year. You just turning 40 makes you much younger than me ... not young enough to be my daughter, thank goodness, but a whole bunch younger).
    Happy early birthday Mrs. Johnson!
    With love from,
    Mrs. Johnson
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha Camille! I still have a few years before turning 40 (just starting midlife early ha ha) My birthday is January 8th (I share a b-day with Elvis!) Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy!

    I wasn't sure if you have been awarded or not...

    CONGRATS! You have been awarded the Liebster Blogging award! Thanks for being wonderful- keep those stellar ideas coming! ;)

    -Danielle

    http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made my resolutions, too. I've decided to make monthly goals this year. One month at a time doesn't seem too overwhelming and if I mess up, I always have another month ahead.

    Love the Random Acts of Kindness idea! I just paid for someone's coffee in WAWA last week because the woman (obviously a business woman) realized she forgot her wallet. It was less than $2 but she made such a HUGE deal about it. She had a hard time accepting it and I almost regretted paying because of all the fuss she made! The cashier finally told her to "take a chill pill and accept a "gift" graciously. A bit awkward for all!

    Time does fly. When my son was in 4th grade, I was one of 4 room mothers. I didn't consider myself old (42) until I realized that the other moms were all in early thirties and the teacher was 26. Ugh.

    I enjoy your blog. Just set mine up and became a follower of yours.

    ReplyDelete