Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Gift Ideas and Polar Express Freebie

I hope many of you are enjoying the start of your Christmas break!  I'm not because we have 5 more days!  BLAH!!  I have been Little Miss Craft-o-holic these past few days getting ready for the last week of school and putting together some gifts for my daughter's 3 teachers and my parent helpers!  Wowsers!!  It was exhausting!!
I saw this super cute idea on my co-workers desk and fell in love!!  I decided this would be a perfect gift along with ornaments and gift cards!  All you need are the jumbo size binder clips, scrapbook paper, ribbon, and beads or buttons.







I have been working on a new Polar Express Unit but it is not quite ready for my TpT store...sorry.  I decided to offer a part of it free and will update you when I finish it.  Click the picture link to download.


Polar Express: Build-A-Train

Happy Holidays!!

8 comments:

  1. Love your binder clips! Is there a tutorial posted somewhere?
    Thanks! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen this idea before and just used scrapbook paper (or wrapping paper) and glued it on with rubber cement. Then I used paper clips to hold it in place to dry. I glued ribbon on the front and decorated with buttons and sequences. If I have time, I may make a tutorial, but have been crazy busy lately:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I LOVE the binder clips! I usually "treat" myself to the fancy paper and binder clips a few times a year. Those are such a great idea! I can work on some during the summer!!!! I just love those super fancy little things! Thanks for sharing an major bummer for 5 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. You can check it out on my blog. http://mrstsfirstgradeclass-jill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill- I'm giving her the award too! Twice as nice :)

    I'm awarding you the Liebster Award! Check it out at my site http://www.newadventuresinfirstgrade.blogspot.com. The Liebster Award is given to spotlight up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are:
    1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
    2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
    3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
    4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I needed a good problem solving activity for Polar Express Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ladies! I just got on the computer tonight and saw your posts! That is so sweet of you to think of me for this award! You made my night!

    ReplyDelete