Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Products!!

I just finished a few Thematic Units for my First Grade bunch next year.  After the first 2 weeks of learning the ropes with rules and assessments I will start teaching  Fun With Our Pets as it deals with all the "firsts" of what they learn in First Grade.  This unit has a fun theme to go along with Short Vowel A, Addition, Graphing, Pet Glyphs (How to take care of your pet), Writing books, Character, Setting, and Sequencing.  The 2 books I am using with this unit are "The Great Gracie Chase" by Cynthia Rylant and "If you take a mouse to school" by Laura Numeroff.  The second unit I will use is First Grade Farm Fun as it deals with Short Vowel I, Addition and Subtraction, Sentence structure and nouns, and Realism/Fantasy with a story I wrote.  Both these units have center activities and can be a great addition to what you are already teaching.  I hope this will be a helpful resource.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment