Monday, May 30, 2011

A Moment of Silence this Memorial Day

With my own family serving in the Air Force, I personally want to share a huge appreciation for the men and women who have lost their lives serving our country.  This goes for not only the US troops, but the Border Patrol, Fire Department, and Police Officers as well.  I live 10 miles from the AZ/Mexico border and a half mile from the shooting that took the life of Border Patrol agent, Brian Terry.  I  cannot express to you how very greatful I am for the protection these veterans have given to us and how unfortunate it is that people have to lose their lives in the process.  My prayers are with his family tonight along with the many others observing this day for the loved ones they have lost!  Please take a moment of silence with me for these brave men and women!
My 4 year old daughter saw all the flags flying in the area and wanted me to help her make one to hang at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment